Brown-Sugar Pound Cupcakes with Brown-Butter Glaze are tasty than a traditional yellow cake.
- 3 cup(s) sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 8 ounce(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup(s) (packed) light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- Brown Butter Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk and ending with dry ingredients. Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full, and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks.
- Set rack with cupcakes over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon Brown Butter Glaze over tops, and let stand until set. Serve glazed cupcakes immediately.